[Typo3] class.tslib_pibase.php - removing <div>-tags around pagebrowser

Arne Metzger webmaster at shjjv.de
Tue Feb 15 22:47:46 CET 2005

hi christopher,

Christopher schrieb:
> Hi there,
>
> --- Arne Metzger <webmaster at shjjv.de> wrote:
>

>>hi list!
>>
>>i am having a problem while getting my site to generate valid xhtml.
>>on the frontpage, tt_news2.0.3 is used (code: latest) to show some
>>entries.
>>all code is valid, but the pagebrowser. it is placed in a <td> and
>>wrapped with <div class="tx-ttnews-browsebox">:

>>style="font-family:arial,verdana,helvetica;font-size:14px;"><font
>>color="#004263"><!----><!---->
>>
>>		<!--
>>			List browsing box:
>>		-->

>>what can i do to get this little part to be valid xhtml?
>>the w3c-validator wont like those <div>-tags there...
>>

> Well, the code is bloated, but what would the validator find wrong
> about a table (block-level element) inside a div (block-level element)?
>
> -Christopher

this is what the validator says:
[quote]
document type does not allow element "div" here; missing one of
"object", "applet", "map", "iframe", "button", "ins", "del" start-tag

The mentioned element is not allowed to appear in the context in which
you've placed it; the other mentioned elements are the only ones that
are both allowed there and can contain the element mentioned. This might
mean that you need a containing element, or possibly that you've
forgotten to close a previous element.

One possible cause for this message is that you have attempted to put a
block-level element (such as "<p>" or "<table>") inside an inline
[/quote]

i think it is the div inside a td...

greetings,
arne