[Typo3] RTE paste performance issue

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Tue Feb 15 10:03:38 CET 2005

Hi all,

I have the following worry: we are working on a pretty large Typo3
website, with a tree-depth of 4 levels (i.e. 4 levels below the root
page).

When copying and pasting content in the RTE (rtehtmlarea) in a page at
that depth, the save operation becomes extremely slow (between 3 and 10
minutes). Copying/pasting at 1 or 2 levels of depths works without
problem.

It is not a question of server load. I have checked it and it never
went over 15% of CPU usage (it's a Apple XServer bi-2.5 GHz). I don't
know about memory usage, though (the server has 1GB).

On the client side, there's Windows 2000 and IE6.

Typo3 is 3.7.0. rtehtmlarea is 0.4.15. I'll be cross-posting this on
the RTE list.

Has anyone experienced such a problem and is there anything I can do
about it?

Thanks for any advice

François Suter
Directeur technique