[Typo3] TemplaVoila and really flexible content formatting

Georg Rehfeld georg.rehfeld at gmx.de
Sun Feb 13 19:38:25 CET 2005

Hi all,

using TemplaVoila for some time now I have one question:

Assume, a site has, in it's content area, a one column and a two columns
general layout ... which is easily to achive via TV and works. The site
is completely formattet via CSS.

Now my challange is, to have _many_ different emphasis on the columns:
e.g.

1. a left border and some padding left
2. a border and accordig padding around all content
3. different background color/image on either column

This emphasis shall apply to _all_ content elements, regardless of their
own styling.

Having all these Variants (say around 8 for one column layout and
8 x 8 = 64 for 2 column layout) in the template and having to map all
these with TV seems to be no great idea.

As far as I got now I introduced a helper "Flexible Content", which
is formatted to be just a plain div without any formatting.

This special content element then may be inserted by an editor and
get it's own framing/formatting applied by means of a customized
"frame" selector box with the 8 different emphasis styles. Inside this
special content element the editors can add the real content, and format
these as neccessary.

But the neccessary insertion of the helper div confuses most of my
editors, they simply don' get the idea. Instead they expect to be
able to apply the frame style directly to the flexible content
_parts_.

Sample: editor selects 2 column layout 50%/50% as the overall
formatting (having no emphasis at all by default). Now he wants
to have yellow bg-color in the left col and green bg-color in the
right col and misses the feature to choose that directly.

Am I missing some point here? Are there simpler solutions?

regards, Georg
--
  ___   ___
|_|_\ |___   georg.rehfeld.nospam at gmx.de    +49 (40) 23 53 27 10