[Typo3] yahoogroups style (sort of)

Amy Stinson tzaia at stinsonfamily.com
Sun Feb 13 17:15:06 CET 2005

Hi list

I have a LISTSERV (real one) and have been looking for a "front end" of sorts to go along with it to create a community look.

LISTSERV is OBDC compliant, so I am looking to merge it into a MYSQL database.

Here are my issues:

LISTSERV is clumsy at web management of  LISTSERV subscriptions.  The average user is used to the paradigm of getting a username/password and then signing up to be on a list..  Instead, with LISTSERV you sign up for a list, then later, if you want, you get a password to manage on the website.  This is confusing to the user.

I want each list to have it's own "area" with it's own administration, but only one user list sitewide..

I was using PHP-NUKE to do this, but the database was huge and the site was taking a performance hit of biblical proportions.

How would I go about doing this in TYPO3, or is it possible?

Thanks.

- Amy Stinson (tzaia)