[Typo3] tt_news category selector

Philipp Fleischmann phf at gmx.at
Sat Feb 12 17:09:55 CET 2005

Hi list

I found in the docs of tt_news an example how to make a category selector
(See http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/tt_news/Configuration-63)

I tried to use this in the setup code of the template of one of my subpages, but it doesnt work - the only thing it does is cleaning the appropriate subpart. but it does not fill it. does somebody hae an idea what could be the problem?

thats my code

page.10.subparts.hauptfeld.subparts.mittelinks >

page.10.subparts.hauptfeld.subparts.mittelinks = CONTENT

page.10.subparts.hauptfeld.subparts.mittelinks {

    table = tt_news_cat

    select {

        # the category folder(s)

        pidInList = 22

    }

    renderObj = COA

    renderObj.wrap = <div class="news-archive-item">|</div>

    renderObj {

        10 = TEXT

        10.field = uid

        10.dataWrap = <a href=index.php?id={TSFE:id}&tx_ttnews[cat]= | >

        10.insertData = 1

        20 = TEXT

        20 {

            field = title