[Typo3] Confused - please help

Christian Prokopp cccp.gov at gmx.net
Sat Feb 12 05:45:41 CET 2005

Solved...here my mail on the dev list:
[..]
I run into trouble in the BE with long record names. I changed the
setting in User->Setup to increase the length of titles/names shown but
it did not work for the element browser (the one you use with MM box to
select another record). It always showed a fixed length.
I check the source and found the problem in browse_links.php.

All Classes/Functions there use:
'$titleLen=intval($GLOBALS['BE_USER']->uc['titleLen'])'
't3lib_div::fixed_lgd_cs($v['row']['title'],$titleLen)'
To define the length of the title by the variable mentioned before.

One Function does not - 'TBE_browser_recordList->linkWrapItems()':
'$code = htmlspecialchars(t3lib_div::fixed_lgd_cs($code,$this->fixedL));'

'$this->fixedL' is inherited from 't3lib_recordList' where it is
declared under the comment "Not used in this class - but maybe extension
classes...".
[...]