[Typo3] Re: memory_limit = 8MB

Boris Senker typo3 at dvotocka.hr
Fri Feb 11 19:07:59 CET 2005

Lannsjö wrote:
> No Its not possible, theres a warning message saying:
>
> Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to
> allocate 12 bytes) in
> /customers/_____.com/____.com/httpd.www/typo3/typo3/t3lib/class.t3lib_div.ph
> p on line 1822
>
> /M

Well try asking them to increase the memory_limit for your virtual host
only - it is easy and possible both if running PHP as CGI or DSO.

On our hosting server, we have also compiled PHP --with-memory-limit,
set originally to 16 MB, but for TYPO3 installs we lift memory limit per
vhost in httpd.conf to a default of 32 MB, and if site uses many
extensions we lift it up if necessary.

Boris Senker

: dvotocka design

Graphic Design for Print and Web, Prepress, Website Production

J. Laurencica 8, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
http://www.dvotocka.hr