[Typo3] Cascading Templates

Thomas Mutter thomas at mutter.ch
Fri Feb 11 16:50:00 CET 2005

Hi all

I'm just trying to implement a very simple example to understand how
template cascading works, but it seems that I'am either too stupid or
there is a bug around this (which seems to me rather unlikely ;-))

With two templates on one page, I get "No template found!"

Main Template Setup
(with Flags Clear Constants, Setup and Rootlevel set):
page = PAGE
page.typeNum = 0
page.10 = TEXT
page.10.value = HELLO WORLD!
page.20 < temp.myContent

Now the browser shows the page with the text "HELLO WORLD!".

Then I added a second template record on the same page record:
Template subtemplate there are no flags set in this template.

temp.myContent = TEXT
temp.myContent.value = Some Text

In the main template I added the subtemplate in "Include basis template"

But now in the browser I get the message: No template found!

When I have a look in the template analyzer everything looks fine, the
main templates gets a blue arrow and the subtemplate a green +.

When I move the subtemplate to a sysFolder it works.

Do i have to tell typo3 which is the main template for this site? And how?
I'm doing this all according the explanation in the book Typo3 from open
source press on page 249

Thomy