[Typo3] RTE.default.classesTable, RTE.default.classesTD

Paul Maidment paul.maidment at isd.csa.scot.nhs.uk
Wed Feb 9 18:24:56 CET 2005

Hi All,

I am working on a project that involves the customisation of table content in the RTE, the idea is that the user of the RTE will be able to select preset styles for a table, for example, one table may be a list of files and I might desire that it is rendered in one fashion whereas another table may require an entirely different style. Ideally, I would like to control the TH, TD and TABLE classes for each table created, I have no objection to doing this within a DIV, however the bulk of this functionality must be hidden from the user so that it is simple to use.

Having examined the RTE documentation, I have found some settings that claim to make this possible, these settings are in RTE.default and are documented on page 13 of the document http://www.eurolab.co.at/fileadmin/pdf/typo3/RTE-RichTextEditor.pdf

The classesTable and classesTD attributes are described as follows...
"Classes available for tables. See description of 'classesCharacter'."

Therefore (as this works for classesParagraph and classesCharacter), I assume that the TSConfig for this would be similar to...

RTE.classes
{
      myTableClass
      {
                     name = My Table Class
            	value = background-color:#ffffff; padding-top:8px; padding-bottom:5px;
      }
      myTDClass
      {
                     name = My TD Class
            	value = background-color:#ff0000;
      }
}

RTE.default
{
      classesTable = myTableClass
      classesTD = myTDClass
}

OK, so the real question is, what does this do, how can I practically apply this to the RTE, is there a menu missing from the RTE, is this a placeholder for functionality that has not been implemented yet, or am I missing something obvious?

Another issue that strikes me is that there appears to be control of TD and TABLE tags, is it possible (without delving into PHP) to introduce a selector for TH tags also?

I know this is a potentially tricky query and appreciate any help you can give on this issue.

Thanks,

- Paul Maidment
(National Health Service - Scotland)