[Typo3] Preserving nested tags in RTE

Wankyu Choi wankyu at b-trees.net
Wed Feb 9 17:54:52 CET 2005

Hi all,

Please bear with me if this has been already discussed.I'm just cutting my
teeth on Typo3 :-)

I have a very annoying problem with RTE/RTEHTMLArea, that is, any rich text
editor whose content gets cleaned up by the
t3lib_parsehtml_proc->TS_transform_db() call.

The problem is: all nested tags get killed by this transformation; only the
innermost tags survive the transformation process.

For instance, if I put the following block of HTML code into the RTE (source
mode)::

I get the following on saving it::

class="content">line 2</div>

As you can see, all the outer div's (class 'box' and class 'body') are gone.

I tried disabling the TS_transform_db() call and found the above-said
example preserved (well, with a couple of extra <p></p> tags.)

How can I preserve nested tags, no matter how ugly they may look? Disabling
the TS_transform_db() call looks way too kludgy.

And while we're at it, how can I preserve newlines in RTE? The above example
also shows what I mean by this: all newlines/indentations are gone.

I'd appreciate any comments on these problems.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Wankyu Choi