[Typo3] Display tt_news_cat of related news in Single view

Hendrick Bosse-Lange mail at hbosse.com
Wed Feb 9 11:27:50 CET 2005

Hi all,

so far I got through every conceivable problem with the help of the archives
(thanks to everyone), but here is a tricky one (at least for me).
I posted this 2 days ago on the german list, but to no avail, so sorry for
the crosspost.

I am using tt_news 2.0.4 and have a bunch of news categories. Some news
entries in those categories have the same title (this site is about a
photographers work, so there could be an exhibition, a book and a newspaper
article, all with the same title). Therefore I'd like to show the category
(tt_news_cat) of each item in the related news part of the SINGLE view
(instead of the datetime).

I tried modifying plugin.tt_news.getRelatedCObject.10.default.20.field but
that didn't work

The only similar problem/thread I came across is here:

d/31336/?tx_maillisttofaq_pi1%5Bsword%5D=news%20single%20related&tx_maillist
tofaq_pi1%5Bpointer%5D=1&tx_maillisttofaq_pi1%5Banswered_only%5D=0&tx_mailli
sttofaq_pi1%5Bmode%5D=1

and I fail applying this to my setup.

Any help or hints would be very appreciated

Hendrick Bosse-Lange
www.hbosse.com
E: mail at hbosse.com
Checked by Norton AntiVirus 2005