[Typo3] redirecting unconfigured pages

Christoph Moeller moeller at network-publishing.de
Tue Feb 8 09:03:06 CET 2005

Hi David,

David Banning schrieb:
> Which provides the same "The page is not configured! [type= 1][] " error.
>
> Which is not a 404 error - it is actually not an apache error of any
> type. Apache seems to see it as a legitimate webpage. The way I see it
> typo3 must deal with it.

InstallTool/All Config:
[pageNotFound_handling]
How TYPO3 should handle requests for non-existing/accessible pages.
false (default): The 'nearest' page is shown. TRUE or '1': An TYPO3
error box is displayed. Integer > 1: Not used yet (outputs "ERROR:
###"). Strings: redirect URL, eg. 'notfound.html' or
'http://www.domain.org/errors/notfound.html'. If prefixed with
"READFILE:" then it will expect the remaining string to be a HTML file
which will be read and outputted directly after having the marker
"###CURRENT_URL###" substituted with REQUEST_URI and ###REASON### with
reason text, for example: "READFILE:fileadmin/notfound.html"

and:
[pageNotFound_handling_statheader]
If 'pageNotFound_handling' is enabled, this string will always be sent
as header before the actual handling.

Try some combination that fits your needs.
Works. Tested. In Use.

hth,
Chris