[Typo3] TMENU wrapping problem

Georg Rehfeld georg.rehfeld at gmx.de
Tue Feb 8 03:44:58 CET 2005

Adrien Driver wrote:
> Many pages on the website I am building has a main menu down the left
> hand side (see image).

You obviously know: images and other attachements ain't wanted on this
NG, you could have guessed, that they are removed automatically. Store
the image on some web site and provide the link to it.

> temp.left_nav.4 = TMENU
> temp.left_nav.4 {
> expAll=0
> }
>
> temp.left_nav.5= TMENU
> temp.left_nav.5{
> NO.allWrap =
> expAll=1
> }

Have you ever heard about CSS? Indenting with non breaking spaces,
in year 2005, I can't believe that! Sorry, your question isn't related
to Typo3.

Use a CSS left margin/padding for the job at hand. And note, the
'modern' way of doing menus is using ordered lists and formatting them
with CSS to your liking (even, when the whole menu itself still is in a
table cell). For an example see e.g.
http://www.heizung-einfach.de/Beispiel-Typo3-TV-Text-und-Text.84.0.html

regards, Georg
--