[Typo3] newloginbox & page types

Robert Heller rah at rheller.net
Mon Feb 7 19:14:59 CET 2005

Hi list

I have struggled for a while having implemented newloginbox (better login box)...BTW, the naming inconsistency  creates problems...

However, i loaded it and it worked, generally, without any problems.  In combination with tx_srfe user extentions I can easily create new users, login, logout and view a 'basic' list of users.

However, I have been having problems with the 'forgot password' link and the user detail display.

I am sure part of my problem is because I am using nested frames:

oFrameset {
    masthead FRAME
    iFrameset {
       leftFrame
       centreFrame
       rightFrame
    }
    footer FRAME
}

and I have both a horizontal menu in the masthead frame and a GMENU-FOLDOUT in the leftFrame.  everything here works fine.

as a consequence I have a number of page types...

oFrameSet = PAGE
oFrameSet.typeNum = 0
iFrameSet = PAGE
iFrameSet.typeNum = 6

masthead = PAGE
leftFrame = PAGE
centreFrame = PAGE
rightFrame = PAGE
footer = PAGE

masthead.typeNum = 1
leftFrame.typeNum = 2
centreFrame.typeNum = 3
rightFrame.typeNum = 4
footer.typeNum = 5

I am new to this so I don't fully understand how the typeNum stuff works (gets assigned etc.).

My content from the GMENU_FOLDOUT appears in the centreFrame (typeNum 3), which is where I want it.  This is where my login box and 'forgot password' links show up.

However, when I click on the 'forgot password' link, I get an ID of the password page, which is fine, and a type=0 which results in the the whole frameset (site) being shown in the centre frame, starting with the login box.  If I set the 'target' in the page header for the page that the newloginbox plugin is inserted to '_top', then at least the frameset is shown in the outer (top) browser window and not in the centre frame.

This is the URL I get clicking on the link which just returns the standard login page:
http://erbf.virage.net/23.0.html?&no_cache=1&tx_newloginbox_pi1[forgot]=1&cmd=infomail

However, if I change the URL for the 'forgot password' link to type=3:
http://erbf.virage.net/23.3.html?&no_cache=1&tx_newloginbox_pi1[forgot]=1&cmd=infomail

then I get the 'forgot password' detail, but i get it in the _top browser window, outside all of the frames.

Any help / direction would be appreciated.  <b>Point me in the right direction ?</b>

- Robert Heller (rabh6)