[Typo3] FE User, Adding OK but will NOT login

Kraft Bernhard kraftb at mokka.at
Mon Feb 7 14:25:16 CET 2005

Jill Rogge wrote:

> I'm trying to get the FE login feature to work.  I cannot login at all
> (and haven't ever been able to).  I can add a user, (but it doesn't go
> to the system folder that I've designated for website users).  But I

First:
Why isn't the User created in the Sysfolder you designated for FE Users ?
It has to be in the correct folder. Why is explained later on:

> CAN'T ever login to a previously created user.  Even immediately after
> it's created, it won't login.  I've added the new extensions:
> feuser_admin and newadminbox without help (although it did help me
> troubleshoot a little).

You will need to set the "General record storage page" in the Page-Header
of the Login Page to the Sysfolder which contains the User. So the Login
Plugin knows where to look for FE Users ... if this isn't set up it won't
work.

It shouldn't matter wheter you added a field or not. But I suppose you should
add fields via an extension and not "hardcoded" in the fileadmin ... else you
would have problems when a new version of T3 gets released and you update it.

greets,
Bernhard
--
Kraft Bernhard