[Typo3] "Certain-branch-menu" (?)

Iona iona at telia.com
Mon Feb 7 13:25:20 CET 2005

Hi everybody!

I'm quite new to Typo3 and wonder if anyone can help me with this problem. I'll try to explain it with my insufficient english. ;)

I would like a menu that show a certain branch of my pagetree.

Suppose my pagetree looks like this:

Root

   |_Page1

   |  |_Page1.1

   |     |_Page1.2

   |_Page 2

I have a frame in which I have an initial menu, and when any of this pages are visited, their submenu is shown in another frame. Then I want this "navigation-guide" show up in another frame:

If you're visiting the page "Page 1.2", I would like the links "Page1", "Page1.1" and "Page1.2" show up in this frame. Is there any simple way of doing this in typo3 (with TMENU?), or might I need to use some kind of php-script...? I've tried several things, but all I manage is to show the entire pagetree... I just want a certain branch, influenced by the page being visited.

I would really appreciate any kind of help or tip. I really can't figure this out.

Sincere,

Iona