[Typo3] Making certain links dynamic

ross rossgolding at thepub.co.za
Mon Feb 7 12:02:14 CET 2005

Hi list

Could someone please help me! Im new to typo3 and finding it very hard to grasp the creating the menu section. Im trying to create 3 different menus underneath each other.These menu items are separated by different menu titles.For eg.

Jobseekers: static menu title (not a link)
My CV <----- menu item is dynamic
View templates <----- menu item is dynamic
Directories & search engines (10) <----- menu item is dynamic

Employers: static menu title (not a link)
Other information <-- I want this link dynamic
My information <-- I want this link dynamic

Templates: static menu title (not a link)
Link 1 <-- I want this link dynamic
Link 2 <-- I want this link dynamic

These menu titles are static and appear in the html template. The menu items under jobseekers are dynamic.

1) Im trying to make the links under the employers and templates title dynamic too.All of the     menu items are first level menu objects.Whenever I add a page link in typo3, it appears under the Jobseekers menu title and not the Employers and Template title.

2) Should I change my menu structure in typo3 by making these menu titles links aswell? What would be the recommended menu structure in typo3 backend?

3) Shoud I create more menu objects in the typoscript to accommodate the menu's underneath. If so, how should I do this?

Im currently using the modern template building approach.

Here is my TS:

config.admPanel = 1

# Configuring the Auto-Parser for main template:
   plugin.tx_automaketemplate_pi1 {

# Read the template file:
   content = FILE
   content.file = fileadmin/template/main/home.htm

# Here we define which elements in the HTML that
# should be wrapped in subpart-comments:
   elements {
   BODY.all = 1
   BODY.all.subpartMarker = DOCUMENT_BODY

   HEAD.all = 1
   HEAD.all.subpartMarker = DOCUMENT_HEADER
   HEAD.rmTagSections = title

   TD.all = 1
  }

# Prefix all relative paths with this value:
   relPathPrefix = fileadmin/template/main/
}

# Menu 1 cObject
   temp.menu_1 = HMENU

# First level menu-object, textual
   temp.menu_1.1 = TMENU
   temp.menu_1.1 {

# Normal state properties
   NO.allWrap = <div class="menu1-level1-no"> | </div>
# Enable active state and set properties:
   ACT = 1
   ACT.allWrap = <div class="menu1-level1-act"> | </div>
}

# Normal state properties
   NO.allWrap = <div class="menu1-level1-no"> | </div>
# Enable active state and set properties:
   ACT = 1
   ACT.allWrap = <div class="menu1-level1-act"> | </div>
}

# Main TEMPLATE cObject for the BODY
   temp.mainTemplate = TEMPLATE
   temp.mainTemplate {

# Feeding the content from the Auto-parser to the TEMPLATE cObject:
   template =< plugin.tx_automaketemplate_pi1

# Select only the content between the <body>-tags
   workOnSubpart = DOCUMENT_BODY

# Substitute the ###menu_1### subpart with dynamic menu:
   subparts.menu_1 < temp.menu_1

# Substitute the ###content### subpart with some example content:
   subparts.content < styles.content.get

}

# Main TEMPLATE cObject for the HEAD
   temp.headTemplate = TEMPLATE
   temp.headTemplate {

# Feeding the content from the Auto-parser to the TEMPLATE cObject:
   template =< plugin.tx_automaketemplate_pi1
# Select only the content between the <head>-tags
   workOnSubpart = DOCUMENT_HEADER
}

# Default PAGE object:
   page = PAGE
   page.typeNum = 0

# Copying the content from TEMPLATE for <body>-section:
   page.10 < temp.mainTemplate

   page.stylesheet = style*.css

# Copying the content from TEMPLATE for <head>-section:
   page.headerData.10 < temp.headTemplate

I would like attach a copy of my html template, where could I upload this?

Could anybody help please.
Thanx in advance
Ross

- ross (ross21)