[Typo3] Problems installing TestSite 3.0.7

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Mon Feb 7 11:33:49 CET 2005

Frank Westfield wrote:

> At 01:19 06/02/2005, Michael wrote:
>>Search Google for "Allowed memory size ..."
>
> I note from my search on Google/Yahoo that this is a common problem with
> PHP/MySQL based applications and that just increasing the memory
> allocation may not be a long term solution.  It seems that the combination
> of PHP and Apache Module versions may be significant.  Also the PHP/MySQL
> packet size may contribute to the problem where SQL queries return large
> amounts of data.

Well, TYPO3 (especially the extension manager) eates some money than most
other web applications, that's a fact you cannot ignore.

Everybody who feels uncomfortable with this should join the "Profiling" team
(see typo3.org) to help optimize TYPO3s memory consumption in some way.

- michael
--
Want support? Please read the list rules first: http://typo3.org/1438.0.html