[Typo3] Problems installing TestSite 3.0.7

Frank Westfield typo3dev at fwadev.com
Mon Feb 7 10:36:40 CET 2005

Tks for yr responses

At 07:45 06/02/2005, Allan Jacobsen wrote:

>When you install typo3 you need to take one thing at a time.
>First you got the connection to the database working, OK.
>The next step is called "Basic Configuration", if you do that you will see
>that the is an fatal error in you setup ie. the memory limit is to low. Fix
>that before you go to the "Database Analyser", then you will surely be OK.

It was set to 8MBytes.   I have now set it to 16MBytes and can now progress
with the installation.
Although I now have additional Error 403 Permission Problems after
uninstalling and re-installing the packages to run the Install from scratch
which I need to resolve. I'll RTFM again ;-)

At 01:19 06/02/2005, Michael wrote:
>Search Google for "Allowed memory size ..."

I note from my search on Google/Yahoo that this is a common problem with
PHP/MySQL based applications and that just increasing the memory allocation
may not be a long term solution.  It seems that the combination of PHP and
Apache Module versions may be significant.  Also the PHP/MySQL packet size
may contribute to the problem where SQL queries return large amounts of data.

Regards

Frank Westfield