[Typo3] Extension save-to folder

David Pratten david at kazserve.org
Sun Feb 6 06:01:47 CET 2005

Dear All,

The installation manual for the tt_news extention says:

"Install the extension with the extension manager. If you already use an
older version of tt_news that's installed in the "global" location
(typo3/ext/), it's recommanded to install the new extension in the "local"
folder (typo3conf/ext/) without overwriting the old one. "

However I can find no way through the interface to direct a downloaded
extention to anywhere else but but the global location.

How do I ask typo3 to install an extention to a location other than
typo3/ext/ ?

Thanks

David