[Typo3] Problem with Frontend Text

Georg Rehfeld georg.rehfeld at gmx.de
Sun Feb 6 01:07:40 CET 2005

Hi,

Peter Russ wrote:

>> Make a backup of your current one!!! I'm NOT responsible for any damage
>> when you follow my advice!!!
>>
>> Then try to remove _all_ the <?php ... ?> sections but the last one,
>> starting with:
>
> Sorry this is not an advice! I guess you've no idea what your are
> telling there:
> Please drive your car against the wall but it was not me telling you to
> do so. That's to easy!

I did definitely NOT tell Jochen: drive your car against the tree
without any protective measure.

Instead I told him: set your real car aside. Then make a copy of that
car and modify it (e.g put a dummy puppet into it) and then push that
against the tree. That way Jochen still has the original car available
and can easily get back to the previous state.

And I warned him: when you do NOT set aside your original car, instead
drive the original one personally full speed against that tree, then die
in the accident, don't make me responsible ... I _told_ you to set it
aside!

And, besides, I actually had a look at his file, compared it to mine,
concluded that it looks more like a temp_CACHED....._ext_localconf.php
and assumed, that Jochen told the truth, that the file really was his
localconf.php and he had messed with it. The last <?php ... ?> looked
so similar to my localconf.php, that I gave him my advice. It did not
help though, so Jochen went back to his 'set aside' file and the test
did no harm to him whatsoever (else he would have complained, wouldn't
he?).

So, please be fair.

Georg
--