[Typo3] Split menu question

Daniel Doesburg danieldoesburg at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 5 16:36:25 CET 2005

Hi list,

A question about a menu challlenge. I prefer mostly a TMENU solution pe.
with CSS positioning. A GMENU is also acceptable but, if possible, not a
layer menu, because that gives such huge files.

What's the problem? Well let me draw the result I wish.

Initial:

Page 1
Page 2

Page 3

Page 4
Page5

The pipes are not shown but implicate the wished space. At hovering or
clicking a page with subpages (2 and 3) those subpages are shown.
(not both in the example at the same time!)

Page 1
Page 2
    Page a
    Page b
Page 3
    Page x
    Page y
    Page z
Page 4
Page5

At hovering or clicking a subpage with sub-subpages those subpage and his
(her?) sub-sub pages are shown in the "next colomn".
Let's say that Page Y has subpages

Page 1
Page 2

Page 3
    Page x
    Page y       Page y
    Page z             Page i
Page 4                 Page ii
Page5                  Page iii

Who has made such a construction and want to let me know how he (she) did
the trick.
Or who can give a hint to wash this pig.
A solution in GMENU with CSS for positioning and layout would be the nice.
How can I get the current position of the "left" Page y, to calculate the
position of the "right" Page y (same y-height with an offset in the
x-direction)

I wonder.

Daniel