[Typo3] Default Target in RTE Links

Georg Rehfeld georg.rehfeld at gmx.de
Sat Feb 5 06:19:38 CET 2005

Rodrigo Cea wrote:

> How can I make the default target for any links inserted in the RTE be
> "_self"?

I don't think this has anything to do with the RTE. You didn't give
enough background info, really. So my guess might be wrong. Assuming
you are going without frames do this:

As an admin invoke the 'Template' module, then click the top page of
your site, at the very top right select 'Constant Editor', then
select in the 'Category' listbox 'ADVANCED ...'.

You'll get a (short) list of configurable settings with explanations.
Check the boxes under 'Target for internal links' and
'Pageframe object', then (_important_) click on the 'Update' button.

This will give you the same form again, but this time with 2 edit
fields, both by default showing 'page'. Follow the comments and empty
both of them.

Update again and your site is configured for no frames. Most generated
links now don't use the 'target' attribute any more ... which is just
shorter/better then '_self'.

If you insist on frames, please ask someone else :-) !

regards, Georg
--
  ___   ___
|_|_\ |___   georg.rehfeld.nospam at gmx.de    +49 (40) 23 53 27 10