[Typo3] could be permissions problem?

Mischa Koning t3 at xoning.com
Fri Feb 4 22:21:26 CET 2005

had the same problem a few weeks back and found the solution , at
least it worked for me:

in file /typo3conf/localconf.php
add the line
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXT']['allowGlobalInstall'] = 1;
(by default it was 0).

of course you still have to get your unix permissions right but you
seem to be fine there.

good luck,
mischa