[Typo3] external documents (PDF) not indexed by Indexed Search Engine

Taylor, Jeff JTaylor at venterinstitute.org
Fri Feb 4 19:47:52 CET 2005

I just ran across this problem last week.
Even though I set the proper path in the extension manager for index
search (pdftotext is in /usr/bin on my system) localconf.php still had
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS["SYS"]["binPath"]  set to /usr/local/bin.

In typo3conf/localconf.php make sure you have this line:
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS["SYS"]["binPath"] = '/path/to/pdfutils';

or
You could move those utilities to the path set by typo3.

Hope this helps.

.jeff.