[Typo3] Conditional templates possible?

Tyler Kraft tyler.kraft at netefficiency.co.uk
Fri Feb 4 19:24:37 CET 2005

Janno Schouwenburg wrote:
> Hi list
>
> Is there a way to make my main root template conditionally choosen? I am working on a new design for a site and would like to see the new template if i am logged in or for a certain ip address so i can look at the site with the same content as the old design. Conditions in the setup field are not enough because I the fields like include static templates etc. The only condition i can find is in the template record itself with the start and end date.
>
> - Janno Schouwenburg (janno)

set up the new template exactly as if you menat for it to be live, on
the correct page and everything, turn the template on with a start date
well in advance.  then give the old template a stop date in the same
manner as the start date of the new template.  then when viewing in the
front end change the date to preview and you will see all the content
seelessly interchanged into the new template.