[Typo3] tt_news : Standard Wrap Problem

Mischa Koning t3 at xoning.com
Fri Feb 4 16:42:05 CET 2005

Dear List,

when using tt_news I come across the problem that <a href> links in the
'single news items'
are always wrapped in <p> </p> tags.

In my case, the results from "view source" in the browser:

1. <span class="news-single-links-items">
2. <li>
4. <br>
5. </span>

where
line 1  is in the template
line 2  is in Setup > linksItem_stdWrap.wrap
line 3  * shows my problem
line 4  is in Setup > linksItem_stdWrap.wrap
line 5  is in the template

Have looked through the tt_news PHP files and the object browser but have
not been able to
find the <p> | </p> wraps?

The 'news-single-related-items' does not show this problem and works fine.

Of course one solution would be to pack the whole thing in a table but I
would really
like to get the standard link wrap out. Have checked the forum and
apparently more people
have (had?) the same problem.

regards,  mischa