[Typo3] <title> first

Christopher tombedlam at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 4 16:29:27 CET 2005

Hi Ben,

--- "ben van 't ende [netcreators]" <ben at netcreators.nl> wrote:

> Hi,

> It
> is now positioned well below the start of head. Searchengines like
> the
> title first and that seems logical as weel.

Unless I'm mistaken (SEO is not really my area), this idea has been
pretty much discredited [1], [2]. There was another thread on the
subject a couple of months ago [3].

Also, the <title> element *cannot* be first if you are using a meta tag
to define the document's charset [4].

-Christopher

[1] http://www.highrankings.com/allabouttitles.htm
"The title tag belongs in the <HEAD> section of your source code, and
is generally followed by your Meta description and Meta keywords tags.
The order of these tags is not critical, so don't worry if your HTML
editor places them in a different position."

[2]
http://www.webpronews.com/insiderreports/searchinsider/wpn-49-20040629DoesTitleTagPlacementMatterInRegardsToSEO.html
"It doesn't matter where it is....as long as it resides within the
section. It is read as the page <title> for what it is, not where it
is..."

[3]
http://typo3.org/documentation/mailing-lists/english-main-list-archive/thread/110101782/?tx_maillisttofaq_pi1%5Bmode%5D=7&tx_maillisttofaq_pi1%5Bsword%5D=title&tx_maillisttofaq_pi1%5Banswered_only%5D=0

[4] http://bugs.typo3.org/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0000317