[Typo3] Pb indexing external links

Maffeis omaffeis at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 4 16:07:00 CET 2005

Hi list

...[write your message here]...
I installed typo3 v3.7.0 using LAMP - testsite-3.7.0 installer on a RH8.0
In addition, I installed catdoc and the xpdf suite in /usr/local/bin. I tested them at the linux command line and it works.
Everything is working (including the indexing of the pages) except  the indexing of external documents.
I checked the template configuration and nothing seems wrong. For instance,  the config. index_externals is set to 1. I tried to find a solution on this mailing list but without success.

Do you have any hint on what may be the source of the problem ?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

- Maffeis (maffeis)