[Typo3] No cut/copy/paste with htmlArea RTE in FF

Christian Tauscher Christian.Tauscher at freenet.de
Fri Feb 4 15:42:19 CET 2005

I had problems allowing sites to Copy/Paste with FF and Mozilla, but I
found some help:

In René Fritz's Extention FCKEditor the manual gives a hint to solve the
problem a more comfortable way:

--- snip ----

RTE's and Mozilla

A general problem with the usage of RTE's and Mozilla is the restrictive
copy and paste handling. Mozilla gives and error message if you try to
paste content into the RTE. But you can configure Mozilla to allow
pasting for one or more specific domains (or IP's).

I found it very hard to find the right user preferences file which you
have to edit, especially if both Mozilla and Firefox are installed. I
think the easiest way to change the preferences is with the chromEdit
extension. You can get it here: http://cdn.mozdev.org/chromedit/

After installation you have a menu entry under the tools menu called
"Edit User Files". This opens an editor for the different preferences
files. Choose user.js and the following code into the box.
user_pref("capability.policy.policynames", "allowclipboard");

user_pref("capability.policy.allowclipboard.sites",
"http://www.example.org http://192.168.9.9");

user_pref("capability.policy.allowclipboard.Clipboard.cutcopy",
"allAccess");

user_pref("capability.policy.allowclipboard.Clipboard.paste", "allAccess");

As you see you can define some URL's separated by spaces you want to
allow  pasting for.

---- snip ---

Maybe this helps people finding more easyly the user.js Files. I was
looking for ages to find the propper place - and failed.

Enjoy,

Christian.