[Typo3] header image replace techniques

Christopher tombedlam at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 3 22:58:04 CET 2005

Hi,

--- Rob De Vries <spam_this at pandora.be> wrote:

> Hey Christopher
>
> unfortunatly, this technique is not recommended anymore.

Why not? (Or by whom?) As far as I know, it's one of the better FIR
methods; the text is present on the page, is visible when images are
deactivated, and is available to screenreaders and search engines (you
were looking at the bottom of the linked page for 'cover up', right?)

> you still gave me a big push in the right direction, tnx for that.

Glad to hear it; the basic method should work for *any* of the FIR
methods out there.

> What i'm still wondering, is it possible to let typo to write this
> image
> in a directory of choise?

Again, as far as I know, the location that gifbuilder files are created
in is not changeable. In my opinion, the best way to handle this job
would be to write an extension that doesn't worry about the location of
the images but writes its styles dynamically into the page header.
These could then be removed the same way as other extension styles:
config.inlineStyle2TempFile = 1

-Christopher