[Typo3] Print Page with Autoparser

Christopher tombedlam at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 3 22:40:39 CET 2005

Hi,

--- Peter Russ <peter.russ at 4dfx.de> wrote:

> Marlies C schrieb:
> [...]
> > ... whereas I created a print stylesheet that only contains the
> > contents I want to print and uses the regular html template.
>
> This might result in unpredictable outputs as you will use
> visibiliy=hidden or display=none. If this is no risk for you you
> could
> also use 1 (ONE) CSS and define
> <!--
> @media print
> {
>    /* ... definitions that are different from screen ... */
> }
> @media screen
> {
>    /* ... definitions that are differnt from print ... */
> }
> /* common definitions */
> -->
>
> in your template. This also works in a separate css-file. But it's
> less
> typo3 more regular HTML ;-)
>
> DISADVANTAGE: No preview in browser.

No preview in browser? My print stylesheets preview reasonably well in
IE 6, all Mozilla-based browsers, Opera...

Incidentally, multiple stylesheets can be called from *within* your
main stylesheet this way:

@import "print-stylesheet.css";

...but be sure to remember to put the

@media print {

}

...around the contents of the print stylesheet. As far as I know, the
@import rule inside stylesheets is supported by all modern browsers,
but if you intend to use this method, it'd be worth confirming that
fact :)

-Christopher