[Typo3] EM cannot create tables for static_info_tables

Steve Webster steviewebsite at msn.com
Thu Feb 3 17:17:22 CET 2005

Hi list

I'm running Typo3 3.7.0 with mySQL 4.1.x  I've applied the patch from bug #416 to resolve the issue with mySQL4.x and auto_increment fields and can successfully install most extensions eg. tt_address etc.

However, I have a problem installing static_info_tables.  The installation seems to go ok, but every time I then click on the extension it prompts me to say the tables need to be created.  Indeed they are not created regardless how many times I try.

The strange thing is that when I'm prompted to create the tables I can see that the bug #416 patch is working correctly because the SQL displayed on the screen is the correct syntaxt wthout the DEFAULT '0' parameters.  However, when I switch debugging on inside of class.t3lib_db.php I can see that the SQL command trying to be executed is the old (invalid) text that includes the DEFAULT '0' parameters.

I've been digging around the code and the closest I can get so far is that I think (maybe, still checking) it's caused/generated somewhere around line 3595 within ./typo3/mod/tools/em/index.php and only occurs when an extendion has a ext_tables_static+adt.sql file to install.

Anyone else seen this issue?  I'll post back if I fix it.

Webbo