[Typo3] Menu itemstates ACT vs ACTIFSUB

henk nijveld henk at nijveld.net
Wed Feb 2 23:43:19 CET 2005

Georg Rehfeld wrote:
> Seems I have been unclear in my question:
>
> Every parent page of the current page naturally at the same time
> - is in the rootline
> - has subpages (the current one or one of it's parents)
> so one state (call it ACT or ACTIFSUB) fits it all!
Agree.

> The question reduces to the current page:
> - naturally it is in the rootline (thus ACT)
> - _but_ has it children or not? If one also wants to know about the
>   CUR state (most interesting, isn't it?) the '...IFSUB' is normally
>   just hidden behind the fact, that it is current, due to the missing
>   CURIFSUB state, and the higher precedence of CUR over ACTIFSUB and
>   ACT.
Now I've got your point (I hope). But if you are correct, then I have to
define for level-1, 3 different states:
1 CUR
2 CURIFSUB
3 ACTIFSUB(= CURIFSUB)

now i am using 2 (ACT/ ACTIFSUB). But if I need a difference between
CURIFSUB and ACTIFSUB, I can do it with CURIFSUB.

>> I still need ACTIFSUB in my current menu. CURIFSUB is not enough for
>> me. If I am in the subpage (2) I still need ACTIFSUB, and not ACT
>> (ACTIFSUB is stronger) for the wrapping I still need, even on the sub
>> page.
>
> You are right, ACTIFSUB is stronger (has higher precedence) as ACT, but,
> as of my conclusion, there isn't any difference between ACT and ACTIFSUB
> anyway, so?
It was bed time I believe. If CURIFSUB is available, I don't need the
ACT menu. (got it).

> Could you give an example? Might be I'm a blockhead and your sample is
> able to cut that plank considerably?
no need for it anymore, I guess. (you are not a blockhead, but a litle
bit smarter than I am)

>> I have implemented (for an other site) the CURIFSUB workaround. So it
>> would be nice to implement this on the core.
>
> Definitely!
I would not remove the ACT option in T3, some/most installations works
on this principle, and have to reconfigure there sites.
I saw a patch for this in the dev-list in june 2004, but it was not
implemented (don't know why). Maybe it's time to look at it again.

Thanks for lightning my brains too,

Henk