[Typo3] CURIFSUB - hiding access restricted (hidden) menu items ???

Michael Scharkow mscharkow at gmx.net
Wed Feb 2 19:42:11 CET 2005

Michael Stucki wrote:

> Still, there are 223 open core bugs and although some of them are already
> fixed and only waiting for being approved and merged into the core, it's
> still a huge list of untouched bugs.

Fortunately (or not?), there are a lot of nobugs, dups and wontfixes
which can be sorted out without coding. There's a lot of effort at the
moment to reduce these and really leave prepared patches to Ingmar and
Stucki and the other devs.

Unfortunately, there are also really old half-open (e.g. acknowledged,
or pending) bugs that have to be checked for relevance, possibly by the
people they are assigned to.

> If you think there is a bug which is important to be fixed because of
> whatever reasons, please drop me a mail and I'll take it onto my todo list.

I think the current system of bugtracking should work, because if you
change the priority or add a bugnote, the thing gets up to the top of
the list.

> Btw, I think we should organize a bug-squashing party before the next major
> release, just like the extension review weekend which is in planning
> stage... :-)

This is great idea, I don't know if I could come in person, but maybe
doing such a session with IRC seems to work as well, e.g. in python or
gentoo.

Greetings,
Michael

PS: I'd really like a -bugs discussion list, because some things, like
the notorious Opera stuff (spread across half a dozen bugs) should be
discussed and lists work better for this purpose.