[Typo3] condition for media field, simpler then [userFunc] ?

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Wed Feb 2 19:11:54 CET 2005

> May anybody could help me out? I don't have access on localconf.php.
> Thats why I try to find another solution for checking the current page
> and its media field.
>
> I want to bind the random pic plugin, when nothing is set on the
> current page.
>
> the goal is a substitution for this kind of script:
>
> [userFunc = user_checkPagemedia({$pageUid})]
> lib.media = IMAGE
> lib.media.file {
>      import.data = levelmedia: 4, slide
>      import = uploads/media/
>      import.listNum = 0
>      }
>
> [else]
>
> lib.media < plugin.tx_randompic
>
> [end]
>
> subparts.media < lib.media

Have a look at TSref --> stdWrap --> ifEmpty
This can be combined with a cObject.

Something like

10 = COA
10 {
    10 = TEXT
    10.field = title
    stdWrap.ifEmpty.cObject = COA
    stdWrap.ifEmpty.cObject {
        10 = TEXT
        10.value = whatever
    }
}

will give you "whatever" each time the field "title" is empty.
Modify this to your needs and you will get it without any condition.

Joey