[Typo3] htmlArea RTE and Page TSConfig issue

Eduardo Frank eduardo at compumediaonline.com
Wed Feb 2 18:26:51 CET 2005

Hi everybody,

I'm using htmlArea RTE with Firefox on Mac OS X. I've added to the
TSConfig of the root page of my site (based on 3.7.0) the following
lines:

RTE.default.contentCSS = fileadmin/templates/main/res/cmedia.css
RTE.default.classesCharacter = leftImg, emphasized
RTE.default.hideButtons = emoticon

Using the Web/Info module in the backend I can confirm that the
TSConfig for the RTE reports to have successfully overruled the default
configuration of the RTE. But when using the RTE editor, the classes
leftImg and emphasized are not available in the pulldown menus. On the
other hand, the classes that were originally active after installation,
continue to be active, even though I assigned a new css file as default
css. Futhermore, the emoticon botton is visible, contrary to the rule
specified. I'm somewhat persuaded that the rules I put in the TSConfig
of the root page are not overruling anything for some reason still
obscure to me.
Can anyone shed some light on this case? Has somebody had similar
experience? Any help is appreciated.

Eduardo Frank