[Typo3] No cut/copy/paste with htmlArea RTE in FF

Rudy Gnodde gnodde.rudy at wag.nl
Wed Feb 2 11:38:41 CET 2005

Hello,

HtmlArea uses javascript to catch cut/copy/paste, which isn't allowed in
Firefox for security reasons. You can make it work though for your
Firefox through these steps:

- Quit Mozilla. If you have Quick Launch running (in Windows, an icon in
the toolbar), quit that too.

- Find your Mozilla profile directory. On Windows, this is often located
in c:/WINNT/Profiles/<your Windows login>/Application Data/Mozilla.

- Open the user.js file from that directory in a text editor. If there's
no user.js file, create one.

- Add these lines to user.js:

user_pref("capability.policy.policynames", "allowclipboard");
user_pref("capability.policy.allowclipboard.sites",
"http://www.mozilla.org");
user_pref("capability.policy.allowclipboard.Clipboard.cutcopy",
"allAccess");
user_pref("capability.policy.allowclipboard.Clipboard.paste",
"allAccess");

- Save the file, and restart Mozilla. It should work now.

Greets,

Rudy Gnodde
Wijngaarden AutomatiseringsGroep & WIND Internetbureau
Email: rgn at wag.nl
WWW: http://www.wag.nl >-+-< http://www.typo3demo.nl