[Typo3] caching of pages does not work

Mike Fabricius mike at mikefab.net
Tue Feb 1 18:57:23 CET 2005

Rainer (Rene) Suthoelder wrote:
> page.config.index_enable = 1
>
> in page setup should really be sufficient to start indexing.
>
> after that, clear all cache and log out of typo3. browse your site to get
> some pages indexed, login again and you should see some pages being cached
> and indexed.
> also, make sure that you don't use any extensions that block caching (older
> tt_news versions did so, for example). or configure those extensions to
> allow caching, since only cached pages are indexed.
>
> i also had a <!--TYPO3SEARCH_begin--> and <!--TYPO3SEARCH_end--> tag in my
> template file to specify which sections should be indexed - i don't know
> whether this is still necessary or not.
>
> rainer

Yes you still need <!--TYPO3SEARCH_begin--> and <!--TYPO3SEARCH_end-->
tags. But if you don't put them in then it indexes the enitre page. For
this reason it is well worth doing as all your menu items get indexed
otherwise, providing rather screwy results (I was writing a site for a
surveying company, and searching 'dry rot' gave hits for every page. And
so on and so on).