[TYPO3] user permissions in Typo BE

tapio tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Wed Dec 28 14:37:53 CET 2005

> I need a TS Code Configuration, which suits this kind of usergroup. The
> configuration should be added as a group. (seetings should be in a group TS,
> so i can call this group "dua-settings" and just add this group to the

> Well, i read, that something like this is possible, but it's hard to read &
> create such a big TS Code (for a newbee, like i'am..)

> Does anyone of you have a configuration file, which nearly forbids every TS
> settings or special things to a BE user? I would thank you thousand times,
> if i could get it..

Everything can't be done using a configuration file. You must first
select everyting need by activating 'Include Access Lists:' for a user
group for dummiest users.

Select modules, tables, available table field to set (Allowed
excludefields:), content element types, plugins.

Rest of setting you can define 'TS Config' field.

I have extended possible options very much. See 'tm_contentaccess'.
You can create very light interface for dummiest users.
It gives much new options for frontend editing and standard Page and
List modules.
You can use also some default setting for Page.
List mode is not for dummies without disabling many features.
Below is an example of TS Config for users/user groups. Some of them
belongs to default possibilities and some are my extensions.

TCAdefaults.pages.hidden = 0

options.mayNotCreateEditShortcuts=0
options.shortcutFrame=1

admPanel {
enable.all=1
module.edit.forceNoPopup = 0
module.edit.forceDisplayIcons = 1
module.edit.forceDisplayFieldIcons=1
hide=1
}

mod.web_layout {
elementSelectorRight=1
disableElementSelector=0
disableTopEditIcon=1
disablePathInfo=0
disableToolbar=0
disableSearchBox=0
disableAdvanced=0
disableNewContentElementWizard=0
disableBigButtons=1
noCreateRecordsLink=0

toolbarHistoryDisabled=1
toolbarEditPageDisabled=1
toolbarNewRecordDisabled=1
toolbarMovePageDisabled=1
toolbarListDisabled=1

}

mod.xMOD_alt_doc{
disablePathInfo=0
panelFEdisableSave=0
panelBEdisableSave=0
panelFEdisableSaveDocView=1
panelBEdisableSaveDocView=0
panelFEdisableSaveAndNew=0
panelBEdisableSaveAndNew=0
panelFEdisableSaveAndClose=0
panelBEdisableSaveAndClose=0
panelFEdisableDelete=0
panelBEdisableDelete=0
panelFEdisableClose=0
panelBEdisableClose=0
panelFEdisableUndo=0
panelBEdisableUndo=0
panelBEdisableHistory=0
panelFEdisableFullForm=0

disableDocSelector=0
disableCacheSelector=0
}

mod.web_list{
listmoduleTopEditPageDisabled=0
listmoduleTopNewRecordDisabled=0
listmoduleTopHidePageDisabled=0
listmoduleTopMovePageDisabled=0

listmoduleShowDisabled=0
listmoduleEditDisabled=0
listmoduleMoveWizardDisabled=0
listmoduleHistoryDisabled=1
listmoduleVersionDisabled=0
listmodulePermissionsDisabled=0
listmoduleNewrecordDisabled=0
listmoduleMoveUpDownDisabled=0
listmoduleHideDisabled=0
listmoduleDeleteDisabled=1
listmoduleLevelsDisabled=0

listmoduleCopyDisabled=0
listmoduleCutDisabled=0

listmoduleShowClipboardDisabled=0
listmoduleShowLocalizationDisabled=0
listmoduleSearchBoxDisabled=0

panelToolbarEnabled=1
toolbarHistoryDisabled=1
toolbarNewPageDisabled=0
toolbarEditPageDisabled=0
toolbarNewRecordDisabled=0
toolbarMovePageDisabled=0
toolbarListDisabled=1
panelEditDisabled=0
panelMoveDisabled=0
panelHideDisabled=1
panelNewDisabled=0
panelDeleteDisabled=1
panelLabelDisabled=1
}

In mod.web_list the last section concerns frontend editing buttons.
Using that set needs some extra work - see the manual.