[Typo3] my web site appears to have been hacked

Eric Blom ericb at piap.com
Tue Dec 20 07:24:39 CET 2005

My web site appears to have been hacked today. All of my links were
redirected to www.sina.com.cn. Looking at the HTML source of my home
page I see that
		<base href="http://www.sina.com.cn/" />
has been added after the Typo3 notice but before the CDATA statement.
See clip below. My question is where would this kind of modification
be made? Some where in the template setup? I did a full search of my
MySQL data base looking for www.sina.com and found one match in my
cache_pages table.

I'm running 3.8.0. I know there is a 3.8.1 out -- I was waiting for
the holiday break to upgrade :-(

charset=iso-8859-1" />

<!--
	This website is brought to you by TYPO3 - get.content.right
	TYPO3 is a free open source Content Management Framework created by
Kasper Skaarhoj and licensed under GNU/GPL.
	TYPO3 is copyright 1998-2005 of Kasper Skaarhoj. Extensions are
copyright of their respective owners.
	Information and contribution at http://www.typo3.com
-->

	<base href="http://www.sina.com.cn/" />