[Typo3] rollover on gifbuilder objects possible? (not gmenu)

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 20:02:14 CET 2005

Hi,

On 12/16/05, "Rafael Schär [beYou media]" <typo3 at goldkueste.ch> wrote:
> hi folx
>

> May anyone can help me out here?
> I guess, gifbuilder has not a RO state, does it?
>
> I looked for a solution, how to make a list of the tt_address rendered
> as images (with gifbuilder)
> then all the images are wraped with a typolink with their www-address.
>
> Now I would like to have a rollover - state on the images,... but...
> no idea how to do this.

Well, the simple answer is 'yes', but you'll need to give more info
about _how_ you want to do it (e.g. how would the markup look on the
FE if there were no CMS involved?)

For one possibility, have a look at my bhfirobject extension [1]--it
makes a one-level unordered-list menu that uses css to hide the text
and display gifbuilder images for normal, rollover and active states.
The object it renders is almost entirely TS, but there is a little bit
of php used to return the sizes of the images for use in the css.

If you do try it, be prepared to write a lot of TS as the default
implementation is pretty basic (and probably the TS I used is not as
smart as it could be--though it could be useful to you as an example
of building images for differnt rollover states in TS).

-Christopher

[1] http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/search/bhfirobject/