[Typo3] Two 'tt_news' problems

tapio tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Fri Dec 16 17:58:44 CET 2005

Hi

I have two tt_news problem

1) Language issue

The date is partially in English even if I have set the language as Finnish

15.12.05 14:53 Ikä 1 days

'Ikä' is in Finnish but 'days' in English' - irritating (Singel view)

List view:
torstai 15. of joulukuu 2005

the word 'of'

This should be able to solve

2) Frontend edit icons.

It would be nice if 'tt_news' would have also
frontend edit icons for individual items like 'mininews'.

Well I succeed to add them for SINGE view editing the core pi1-file.
But when I tried to add them for LIST and LATEST I failed.

I got the message:

'You don't have right ...'

I didn't figure, why this was simple in

function displaySingle() {

just to the end of the function a row

                 $content =
$this->pi_getEditIcon($content,'hidden,starttime,endtime,title,short,bodytex
t,image','Base settings',$row,'tt_news');

                 return $content;
         }

but not in
function displayList($excludeUids = 0) {

This is not especially important.

I hope some advice at least concernign the language issues.