[Typo3] Converting to UTF-8

Dirk Völlger forums at thebiketour.net
Fri Dec 16 01:04:24 CET 2005

Am Donnerstag, den 15.12.2005, 13:22 +0100 schrieb Damir Dezeljin:
> Hi.
>
> Is there a HOWTO migrate an upgraded localized (Slovenian - Win-1250)
> Typo3 site (upgraded from 3.6.1 to 3.8.1) to UTF-8.
>
> Well I need to do this as my acented characters aren't displayed any more
> (BTW: I added a secondary language on the upgraded site)

If ou are using Linux, install the little program recode (on Debian
apt-get install recode)

Then dump your Database, make a security backup.

after you do recode LATIN1..UTF8 copy_of_dbname.sql

You clean the tables of the existing Database and copy the recoded back
in. Attention with TemplaVoila. I always use my mappings after I changed
a DB to UTF-8. Always make a security Backup of the not recoded DB, just
in case...