[Typo3] Cannot add new pages

Michael Nardell mnardell at teconline.com
Thu Dec 15 18:39:25 CET 2005

Thanks Rudy! :: Yes, 2147483647 is a big number. If I had taken the time
to do a calculation before posting I would have realized that it is 2
raised to the 31.

Clearly I have not created that many pages. So my follow-up questions are:

1) Is there some error in my implementation that caused the indexing of
pages to explode to such a large number (i.e. has anyone ever encounterd
this problem before)

2) Is there anything I can do to repair the indexing in my pages
database. It seems that I would need to re-assign the uid for the pages
in the page table. I would also need to re-assign any tables that
reference the uid in the pages table.

3) One final note: I am working with a prototype of a website. Ideally I
could fix things in this prototype. Mostly I would like to learn how to
fix this is problem should it ever occur in a production release. Or
make it so that this never happens again.

Mike