[Typo3] starttime and caching

Jacob Hammeken jacob at wildside.dk
Thu Dec 15 14:24:29 CET 2005

Hi.

If starttime for a page is set to a future date, the page itself is hidden
until the starttime has elapsed. That is expected behaviour, but suppose the
parent page has a menu. In that case, it appears the page cache for the
parent page is not flushed once the starttime for the subpage has elapsed.
Thus, the now visible page does not show up in the menu, and because of that,
one of our customers got the impression that starttime did not work. Is it
possible to solve this, perhaps by making sure the page cache of all pages in
the rootline of a page is flushed once its starttime has elapsed, without
disabling page caching entirely?

That is probably the most common situation, but suppose you have a page
containing subpages, where each subpage is a redirect, and in a template, you
have a menu with "special=directory", showing the subpages. If starttime is
set for one of these redirects, you have the same problem, except now
flushing the page cache of the rootline does not solve the problem, since
those are just redirects. Ideally, it seems it would be useful to be able to
define a set of related pages, page levels, etc. If the page cache of one of
the pages in a set were flushed, the page cache of all pages in the set would
be flushed.

Is there an extension or hook to do this, or is there a more obvious solution
I have missed? I suppose starttime/endtime is handled in the cms extension?
How does starttime and caching interact?

Regards,

Jacob Hammeken - Wildside A/S
Developer

http://www.wildside.dk
tlf.   86 12 64 65

Vi kalder os et internetidentitetsbureau. Tanken er at skabe sammenhæng mellem
det du siger, det du trykker, og det du uploader. Vi tager os af hele
processen og styrker på den måde din identitet.

--

Wildside udgiver et nyhedsbrev med nyt fra vores egen verden, nye trends inden
for design og internet samt små tips og tricks. Du kan tilmelde dig og læse

http://www.wildside.dk/nyhedsbrev