[Typo3] GlobalVar - this one *should* be simple, right ... ?

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 18:54:38 CET 2005

Hi,

On 12/14/05, Scotty C <superscotty19 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> This one's got me puzzled. I've used globalVar before
> to check a condition and it's worked fine. Now, I'm
> using it for another site, but the code won't work!
> The siutation is, I'd like to use 2 different
> templates depending on the page id. Here's my code:
>
> Constants:
> -----------
>
> # default template file
> templateFile = fileadmin/xpressxperience/template.html
>
> # use this template file if pageid = 286
> [globalVar = TSFE:id = 286]
> templateFile = fileadmin/xpressxperience/home.html
> [end]
>

> Setup:
> -------

<snip>

I don't think that constants are parsed for conditions. Try something
like this instead:

Constants:
--------------------

default_template = fileadmin/xpressxperience/template.html
template_1 = fileadmin/xpressxperience/home.html

Setup:

--------------------

templateFile = fileadmin/xpressxperience/template.html
[globalVar = TSFE:id = 286]
templateFile = fileadmin/xpressxperience/home.html
[global]

Incidentally, if the page with id=286 is the root of the website, you
can try a different kind of condition (that will not require fixing if
the root page of the site ever changes):

[treeLevel = 0]
templateFile = fileadmin/xpressxperience/home.html
[global]

-Christopher