[Typo3] Typo3 Forum vs. phpbb?

Eric Blom ericb at piap.com
Tue Dec 13 16:24:49 CET 2005

>> I have a phpBB site right now that I'm trying to get Typo3 working
>> with.
>
> have you tested CHC-forum for Typo3?
> In my mind CHC-forum is ok and it is full intergrated with typo3

I have not tried CHC-forum because I'm very happy with phpBB. I would
also need a full and seamless conversion process. Right now I have
about 1,300 registered users and nearly 8,000 posts. I'm also quite
pleased with the way attachments, bbcode, private messaging, watch
lists, facorites, etc work. It seemed to me that it would be easier
to integrate the accounts with SSO than to try to recreate all of the
functionality of the forums. I had looked at switching to vBulletin,
but, the interface for vBulletin looks hideous.

Cheers,
Eric