[Typo3] Problems with Image Properties and RTE

Amir M. amir219 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 11 19:19:01 CET 2005

Hi everyone,

I am having quite a bit of troubles with RTE, IE and Firefox.  I am
attempting to managing images in my Text content element.  Although I
can insert pictures with the RTE options in IE and Firefox, I am having
two different problems.

In Firefox, when I right click the image I inserted and press "Image
Properties," a popup appears, in that popup is a form with the different
properties.  I fill out the form, changing the things I want to change,
then I press "Update" and NOTHING happens.  I press the button but
nothing happens, no status bar, absolutely nothing.  It seems it is just
a form with no purpose.

In Internet Explorer, the Image properties section seems to be working
quite fine, however for some reason the RTE and the Image Properties
dont show all the options and buttons.  It seems IE is using the OLD RTE
instead of the NEW rtehtmlarea that I installed a while back.

Therefore I believe there is something wrong with the rtehtmlarea in
Firefox with its image properties and in IE for some reason the
rtehtmlarea is not working.  Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this?

Thanks!

btw, I already did Google and mailing list searches and I got nothing.
If someone was more successful then myself in this area, please post a
link for me.  Thank you. :)