[Typo3] ERROR: File not written to disk! Write permission error in filesystem?

Gilles Deacur tronno22556 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 01:15:18 CET 2005

Sorry for the cross-post.  I just asked this in a different thread, but
it's a different topic altogether, so I'll just start a new thread...

I just moved my typo3 installation from a subfolder to the root of my site.

I checked all file permissions and when I try to log into the back end
of the new typo3 location, I get this:

Warning:
fopen(/home2/sunshine/public_html/typo3temp/llxml/misc.xml_058ff4fc51.default.iso-8859-1.cache):
failed to open stream: Permission denied in
/home2/sunshine/public_html/typo3/t3lib/class.t3lib_div.php on line 2117
ERROR: File not written to disk! Write permission error in filesystem?

I even checked the /typo3conf/localconf.php for anything that would
cause a problem (no changes were made to the file) and I even logged
into the installation tool to see if anything was obviously wrong, but
there weren't any warnings set in the installation tool.

The front end appears to be working, but I can't log into the backend.

Please help.